With advanced training in Colon & Rectal Surgery, Dr Amajoyi is dedicated to providing comprehensive patient-centered evidence based treatments to his patients
We invite you to write a review about your experience with Dr. Amajoyi.
Call Dr Amajoyi for minimally invasive pilonidal cystectomy.
1 S. Central Avenue, Valley Stream, NY 11580
parking is free!
|Doctor’s Specialties||Colorectal Surgery & General Surgery|
|Doctor’s Title||Colorectal Surgeon|
|Practice Specialty||Colorectal Surgery|
Please contact the doctor’s office to inquire about insurance.
Board Certified American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Board Certified American Board of Surgery
Robert C. Amajoyi, MD is a well-trained board certified Colon and Rectal Surgeon with a special interest in minimally invasive colon, rectal, and anal surgery that includes laparoscopic and robotic colon and rectal surgery for neoplastic and benign disease, Transanal Minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS), Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterilization (THD), inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, constipation, and functional anorectal disorders.
Dr. Amajoyi is has a faculty appointment at the South Nassau Communities Hospital and The Gertrude & Louis Feil Cancer Center. He received a Bachelor's in Chemistry from the University of Missouri Kansas city and earned his Medical Doctorate from the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. He performed his intern year at Nassau University Medical center in Long Island NY and then completed his general surgery training there.
Dr. Amajoyi completed an advanced subspecialty fellowship in Colon & Rectal Surgery at St Vincent Health Center in Erie Pennsylvania. He was also a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio
Dr. Amajoyi has written and presented articles and abstracts on a variety of subjects including basic science infectious disease research and topics on Rectal Cancer therapy and Colorectal surgery.
Dr. Amajoyi specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus with emphasis on screening for colon cancer, the surgical management of colorectal cancer, hemorrhoids, diverticular disease, and inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis). He offers state-of-the-art,evidence based screening for colon and rectal cancers and treat complex anorectal disorders, including fecal incontinence & sacral nerve stimulation, pelvic floor abnormalities, anal fissures, and fistulas.
CONDITIONS TREATED BY DR AMAJOYI
Anal and Rectal Cancer
Crohn's Disease (Regional Enteritis)
SURGERIES AND PROCEDURES PERFORMED BY DR AMAJOYI
. Hemorrhoid treatments "without a single cut"- no excisions
• Da Vinci Robotic & Laparoscopic Colectomy and Proctectomy for benign and malignant disease
. Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS) rectal lesion
• Stapled hemorrhoidopexy (Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids)
• THD Transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization (minimally invasive)
• Hemorrhoidectomy – Conventional
• Rubber band ligation of hemorrhoids
• Injection sclerotherapy for internal hemorrhoids
• Infrared coagulation (IRC) of hemorrhoids
• Fistula plug
• Ligation of Intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT) Procedure
• Repair of rectal prolapse:
• Abdominal: Robotic/laparoscopic rectopexy or rectopexy and resection
• Perineal (Altemeier Perineal Proctosigmoidectomy)
• Colonoscopy, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Polypectomy
• Restorative Proctocolectomy with Ileoanal "J" Pouch Anastomosis
• Sphincter Preserving Surgery for Rectal Cancer
• Rectovaginal fistula repair
• Anal fissure surgery
• Drainage of perirectal abscess
• Correction of anal stenosis
• Pilonidal disease